Millions of people all over the world depend upon the Internet for communication, information, and innovation. Many applications help individuals and businesses to communicate via free video and voice one-to-one and group calls, send instant messages, and share files.
What Is Skype?
One of the most popular messaging platforms is Skype. It is a software that makes conversations all around the world possible. This app basically works best for mobile, computer, or tablet devices. The best thing about Skype is that you can download it for free, aside from being so easy to use.
In addition, you may be able to do more with Skype if you subscribe to the paid services, such as send SMS and call phones. You may also opt for a pay as you go scheme, whatever works best for you.
You may even use it for business, wherein you can take your whole ecosystem of customers, partners, and workers to get a lot of things done. A lot of other messaging apps are also being used by many people to suit their different needs.
How To Download Skype?
You can use Skype on your Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows computer, aside from your Android or iOS devices. As a matter of fact, it is so easy to do it. Just mimic the instructions below to begin downloading your copy of Skype.
- Open your Web browser and input https://www.skype.com/ on the address line to be able to open Skype’s homepage.
- Then, click the Download button from its homepage and begin downloading.
- If you are having a hard time downloading the app, you may restart the process manually by clicking the Start Download Again option.
- When the process has completed, you will get the SkypeSetup.exe file on your downloaded files folder. Make sure that you save the file on your storage folder instead of running the program while it is still downloading.
- Pick the save to disk option by choosing an easy-to-remember location, such as the Windows Desktop and click OK. Simply remember where you save the downloaded file so that you can locate it after it has been saved.
Installing Skype On Your Computer
Search for the SkypeSetup.exe program you have just downloaded on your computer. Simply click Run or Install to begin the installation. At times, you will encounter a User Account Control window that pops up. This will just ask your permission to proceed with the installation process. So just click the Continue button.
- An installer program will launch and it will prompt you to select a language on the dropdown list.
- After that, you will be prompted to read and accept the End-User License Agreement. In order to continue with the installation, you have to accept this. In addition, you might also be asked to install certain programs or add-ons to your browser. However, take note that you are not obliged to do so, just ignore it by unchecking the box and click Next.
Installing Skype On Mobile Devices
You may also install Skype on your Android or iOS smartphones. Simply visit the Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS devices. Just search for Skype Messenger app and click the Install button to begin the download and installation process consecutively.