The Norton Removal Tool from Symantec is intended to remove damaged Norton products or undo failed installations. Currently, the software has been renamed to Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool (NRnR).
It functions to remove several Norton programs, such as the following. The removal tools might vary depending on the program that you have.
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton SystemWorks 12.0
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton 360
- Norton Security
When To Use Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
Basically, the software removal tool can be used if there are damaged Norton products or failed installations you might want to undo. The good thing is that it will neither affect nor remove other programs or downloads.
The moment you encounter or detect an issue, you can download and run the program allowing the reinstallation of the Norton product.
This can be done through the Norton Management website that you can visit from a favorite browser. You will be required to log into an account to gain access to Norton products and services.
Norton Product Removal Update
Some people might have encountered issues with the uninstallation of the older version of Norton. Generally, they would get stuck on the uninstallation part and nothing changes after that.
With the new Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool though, they were able to manage it with greater success. Here is a step-by-step process on how to run the software to fix any issues with regards to installation and uninstallation of Norton products on your computer.
Installing Norton Remove And Reinstall Tool On Your PC
- The first thing that you are going to do is to download the NRnR tool and save it to your desktop.
- From your desktop, double-click the NRnR icon so that you can proceed with the installation process.
- You simply have to follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Then, after successfully installing the software on your computer, you need to restart your PC so that the update will take effect.
Installing Norton Remove And Reinstall Tool On Your Mac
- Go to the ‘Applications’ folder your Mac and open the Symantec Solutions folder. Then, double-click on the ‘Symantec Uninstaller’ to open it.
- Pick the Norton application you want to uninstall from the ‘Uninstall Symantec Products’ window.
- Click the ‘Uninstall’ button and confirm the software to be removed. You might be required to provide an admin password to proceed.
- Then close the open windows before restarting the Mac.
Reinstalling Norton Security
After you have done running the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool, you have to reinstall your Norton Product immediately. You can mimic the steps provided below.
- Sign into the Norton Management link so that you can download the Norton Security software. Take note that you need to use the same email address and password you have used when registering or purchasing the original product.
- Once you have signed in, go to ‘Product Details’ and pick ‘Norton Security’ and click ‘Download’.
- At the ‘Norton Download Manager’, you are required to click the ‘Start Download’ and follow the instructions given to complete the reinstallation.
Remember that you can reinstall Norton Security a number of times. You can see and manage the number of devices where Norton Security is installed from your Norton Account.