BERNAMA › NEWS
Tanjong Datu Poll: Najib Hopes Voters Give Solid Support To Jamilah
Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak (Bernama file pic)KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 17 (Bernama) -- Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak hopes voters in the Tanjong Datu state by-election will give their strong support to Barisan Nasional (BN) candidate Datuk Amar Jamilah Anu in the poll tomorrow.
"Today is the last day for campaigning for the by-election for the Tanjong Datu state constituency.
"To all voters, I hope they will not take the by-election lightly and will turn out in large numbers tomorrow," said the Prime Minister through his Facebook official website, today.
Najib, who is also the BN chairman, was confident that Jamilah could continue with the struggles of Tan Sri Adenan Satem in developing and bringing many more changes to the people in the constituency.
A total of 9,771 registered voters are eligible to vote for the successor to Adnan, who was also Sarawak Chief Minister who died on Jan 11 due to heart complications.
According to the Election Commission, all polling centres would open beginning at 8 am, and would close at different times based on their locations, distance and number of voters until the last closing at 5 pm tomorrow.
Jamilah will be challenged by two opposition candidates from Parti Bansa Dayak Sarawak (PBDS) Baru, Rapelson Richard Hamit and the Parti Reformasi Negeri (Star) candidate Johnny Aput.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PBS Confident Of Recapturing Matunggong State Seat- politic
- Japan Beauty Week Showcases Prominent Cosmetic Brands- business
- 10-Man PKNP FC Pull Off Sensational 4-2 Victory Over Terengganu In Kuala Terengganu- sports
- Uber And Ola Driver Revolt Adds To Commuter Woes In Delhi- features
- Thai Government Opts To Delay Coal Power Plant Project In Southern Province- world