Eight Foreigners Held Trying To Enter Sungai Bilis In Sabah
LAHAD DATU, March 15 (Bernama) -- Eight foreign men were arrested Thursday night as they attempted to enter Sungai Bilis here in a speed boat which came from the Philippines, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib said.
The men, aged 17 to 29, had 369,000 pesos (about RM28,000) and had brought along empty barrels, he said.
"We are investigating them for entering a prohibited zone. They are being held under the Immigration Act for having no personal documents on them.
"If necessary, we will detain under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012," he told a news conference, attended also by Army First Division commander Maj Gen Datuk Ahmad Zaki Mokhtar, at the Ops Daulat operations command in the Felda Sahabat 16 plantation near here, Friday.
Hamza said that as of 5 pm, 97 individuals had been detained under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 and 233 had been held for entering the prohibited zone of Ops Daulat.
The security forces have also shot dead 61 Sulu terrorists and removed 27 bodies from the prohibited red zone.
Hamza said the Ops Daulat, which entered its 11th day today, was focused in Tanjung Batu. A mopping-up operation had been completed in Kampung Tanduo and Sungai Nyamuk.
"We believe the terrorists are now moving about in small groups," he said.
Meanwhile, Ahmad Zaki said that in the last 48 hours up to 5 pm Friday there had been no clashes between the security forces and the terrorists.